Sunday, March 29, 2015

Review Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen || Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover, Ha!


Title: Pride and Prejudice
Author: Jane Austen
Date Published: April 12th, 1995 (originally published in 1813)
Publisher: Dover Publications
Pages: 262
Language: English
ISBN: 0486284735 (ISBN13: 9780486284736)


It is a truth universally acknowledge that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

If you decide to read the original edition of this famous classic, and English is not your mother-tongue, bear in mind that the first pages will burn your brain. English is okay, but classic British? Sigh, it's such a torture but when you get used to the writing style it's such a wonderful journey.  

I got this edition because it's the cheapest, and mostly because its cover is *supposedly* beautiful., that is the former edition. What I got is the new edition therefore the cover is not what I'm expected. I'm disappointed but after smelled it, I adore this book. This is the most delicious smell ever. No, nope I'm not a freak--okay a bit.

Pride and prejudice is rather a small book, but the romance and British lifestyle in the past is amusing, if I might say. The writing style I have to remind you, wow mind blowing. What are they talking about really? Truthfully I can only absorbed like 65% words on this book. But fear not, it didn't less my excitement when reading it. 

The plot line and the way Austen build the conflicts, are very clever. The way things revealed in such witty way, I don't know how to express it. This book has its slow pace and fast pace, it's not a thrilling journey but more like giddiness thingie (if that even exist). The characters, they are very raw, very natural, they have flaws and ill manners that told in such an obvious way, it's pretty funny. All of them are interesting and I'm happy to learn more about the lifestyle from a long time ago.

What I don't like is some events are not explained in details. I crave for more! I need more romance! But this is a romance from the past where love exchanged through shy glances and whispers. Sigh.

Overall, this book will bring you a journey to the past, to a past lifestyle that seems pretty real and funny. The romance is well thought and you will mostly fall in love with Mr. Darcy, who'll not? OOT, I do think Mr. Darcy remind me of Draco Malfoy in fanfiction world, ha!

5 stars for Pride and Prejudice, truly lived for its name!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello.. Leave your messages here and i would gladly respond to it! Cheers!!